Monday, October 1, 2007

Welcome to the House of Giants

I would like to introduce you to my blog. This is a place for me to post my ideas, philosophy, intellectual work, and anything of a high-minded nature. Additionally, it is a place for others to discover intellectual topics relating to history, philosophy, and art. Be forewarned that the subject material is not for those who want quick gratification or entertainment. Rather, it is a place for free and original thought to shine. In keeping with my philosophy, this blog will be a House of Giants, a home for those who champion the rebel thinker, the free thinker, the creator, the genius, the Human. Ahlan wa-sahlan, welcome to this house.

3 comments:

Steven said...

Before anyone knowledgeable in Arabic inquires about the name, I'd like to add this:

I am fully aware that, due to transliteration difficulties, the title of my blog may be read Dar Al-Mareed, with a short "a" sound and a long "ee" sound (properly, it is long "a" and short "i"). This would make it mean House of the Sick. This was partly intentional. First, it signifies that I do indeed have a sense of humor and do not take my ideas so seriously. Maybe they're insightful, or maybe they're just the ramblings of a sick mind? That's up to the reader to decide. Also, I want the blog to be a home for all those who are sick with the cultural and ideological garbage of the present day to seek treatment in the form of knowledge. It is a place for us to gather in order to find a cure for our intellectual sicknesses.

Although, if anyone feels so offended by the ideas contained that they are compelled to make fun of the blog, may I suggest calling it Dar Al-Mareed. This is the easy joke to make, and it is fairly funny.

Vic said...

Howdy - I saw you created this and added you to the blogroll on the sidebar of my own House of the Sick. Maybe this will elevate me beyond simple ranting. But I doubt it - though sick, at times I feel I'm the only healthy person this side of the Mississippi...

Steven said...

Good to see you, Vic. I'm looking forward to your comments. If you have any topic/discussion requests, I'm all ears... err, eyes I guess.